Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ni Hao From China

We made it. And guess what it is raining. We checked CNN and it looks like Iowa is still getting it. The Boy Scout camp had a tornado.

The flight. As you could have guessed was very long. You are never so ready to finally get where you are going. I have never showed one document to so many people before, I can't even count how many times I had my passport out. The flight from Japan to Guangzhou had the movie National Teasure Book of Secrets (5 hour flight). We all agree the food on the flight was pretty good. It reminds you of tv dinners, but was very tasty. It was very clear and smooth until the last hour (just a little turbulence).Tia got to see her squatty potty in the Narita airport, they also had the bodeigh>sp. It was 11 pm when we arrived and Cordelia (our guide)was at the airport to meet us. I think I heard it was 88 degrees when we landed and my guess is 100% humidity.

We were all ready to get up at 7. Breakfast is the best part of the day. Tia had spagetti.?? We meet Cordelia at 2:30 to go to the Civil Affairs office to meet our daughter. We were suppose to do the adoption tomorrow, but the office will be closed. So we will do it today. I needed to make copies of documents and I think they were 6 cents apiece. It has been 9 yrs and even though there has been changes I remember where the important places are.

Tia had a funny --- She thinks all Chinese people look alike. :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures of the two girls together.

Julie

Nykki said...

I am very excited for you guys! Another Snyder girl in the family, it is a dream come true.

Nykki

Marcia said...

Really happy to see the photos and look forward to seeing more. I understand the travel time :) Glad you are there and hope the rest of the trip is exciting with your new daughter!! Love, Marcia