Saturday, June 14, 2008

Monday Day 5 Dongguan Visit













We visit Dongguan tomorrow. Today is a free day. I went through the suitcases and created my bags to donate to the foster family, director, nannies and Li Xiao Shang. I put Xiao Shangs picture and suckers in a bag, I will talk to Cordelia as to whether to give the bag to Xiao or the orphanage. I put Xiao's name on the back of the Walker family picture.
We will be going with Belinda and maybe Stefanie. Ann is also hoping to go tomorrow.

Well it is a good thing I checked, I updated here before bed and it did not save. We ended up going to Dongguan just our family. There are alot of banana trees along the way. Traffic wasn't bad, but steady. We saw leachy orchirds and a few rice fields, even small corn fields. Dongguan is a very nice town, it started to rain when we arrived. We were taken to a very nice room to visit with the director, we gave our gifts and gave my hug my baby list. We were told that Tessa was the only baby we could visit. Eric lives too far away and Li Xiao Shang was in school.

We had a nice surprise. Our daughter has been in foster care with the facility Dr for the last 3 years. She was there and we got to meet her. We exchanged email and I hope we can become long distance friends. Our daughter was definitely well cared for. Cordelia worried it would be hard for Tara to visit, but she did very well. She showed that she was ready for her forever family and excepts us. I think Cordelia wanted to cry for us, she was so happy. After a nice tour of the facility we headed to Tara's school. She had a smile to see it, but was happy with just that. Next stop was her finding spot. A little trouble locating, but did and we have snapshots. It is close by a University. Last was McDonalds for lunch to go. We had an appointment to start Tara's passport. We recieved her adoption decree --- She is Tara Faith Snyder...It is official. Sorry Murt, wasn't sure how to work that M in there.

Jeff G., I can't even descibe the banks. I wanted to take a picture, but didn't want carried out. Telescope camera's over the tellers. Tellers are behind glass. Everything done on paper. NO calculator, they had the bean counter. You would have to be here to believe me. You take a number when you walk in - it make take you an hour.

We are off to Gutian Tuesday, not sure about computer access. Best to All!

1 comment:

One Happy Momma said...

Hi Patty -

I am so enjoying following along on your journey!

Your daughters are beautiful!!!

Wishing you all the best. :)

Blessings -

Cathy W