Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Day 12 Consulate














Well my Dongguan baby is slowing down with the food. She can't put quite as much away as she had been. She makes good choices with her foods. Good mix with the fruits, veggies, meats and not alot of starches.
I exchanged some money first thing, they wouldn't except one of my bills because it had a tear in it. I didn't even think about it when I grabbed it and went to the bank. The bad part is you loose your place in line. I timed myself this afternoon when I did it again and it took 30 minutes after taking my number and 15 minutes for just my transaction. I can't imagine it every time I wanted to do some banking. I would love to get the girls silk quilts, but that would mean going to the bank again. Makes you really think twice.
Tara does not smile alot in pictures, she does have an overbite and I think may be a little self conscious.
Today was the first part of our consulate appt. Cordelia had a meeting with the consulate and we had to wait in our room to see if she would need any more information. She called at Noon and gave us a thumbs up. She met us at 1:00 and we went back to the electronic market to exchange a gameboy game that Tia got that wouldn't work. Lunch was McDonalds again. They have stuff on their menu that you cannot get in America. (1/2 cup kernel corn, they mix orange juice with sprite-have no idea what they call it) Tara does not like cheese and is picky with Micky D's. Tara ordered a chicken sandwich, fries--Tia ordered a different chicken sandwich, corn--Patty ordered fish, fries. Patty ate Tara's sandwich, Tara ate Patty's plus Tia's corn and we split the fries. We are being very flexible.
Cordelia was headed back to the Consulate, so she sent us back to the hotel in a cab for 18 RMB. He dropped us off at the White Swan,I knew where we were but the girls were freaking we were lost.(we were only a block from home) We changed and Tia headed us to the pool. We were only 1/2 hour early, so killed time people watching in the lobby. The girls thought it was fun to splash mom (non stop)and found out mom just gets out and is done. That's no fun! After a cooling dip in the pool we headed to our usual Lucy's for supper. It was packed,so we had a table outside. If you drop your laundry off in the early AM it is ready after 5 the same day. Wish I could do that at home. LOL! The girls weren't crazy over the idea, but they got a traditional Chinese outfit tonight for something to remember the trip. I had trouble keeping a leash on Tara, she wanted to go home to bed. God Bless the shop keepers that explain to her that she needs to stay with mama. Tia was happy, she got to watch Inspector Gadget on the American Star channel.

No comments: