Thursday, November 6, 2008

School Conference

It has been a very busy week and I am glad there is just one more day of work. I have been taking meds for 3 days for a lung infection that goes back to our trip to China. I notice side affects from the meds in little doses at different times through the day. Yesterday I was really grouchy, today not so much. But I feel like I am back peddling, my voice comes and goes.

We had it all figured out. Gene would pick up Tara at school, take her to Osceola and get 1 to 4 immunizations. Tia would stay after school, I would do Tara's conference at 5 and then we would go to hers.

All went as planned, but I felt like I was running full speed ahead. The teachers are very pleased with the progress Tara is making. While I was in Tara's conference Tia went to the commons and ate taco's for supper. We then started with a new science teacher Tia has, next English and finished with math. The Social Studies teacher wasn't available and we ran out of time for the others. We stopped in the office and dropped off some medical reports I had on Tara and picked up Tia's report card. I should have started there, but didn't think I had time (I would have). Gene called when we were in the office. He said all went well on his end. Whewww! Two nurses each took an arm. Gene held the feet. They were able to do 2 shots in each arm. Yeah! She cried a little, but said ow several times. Dad made it all better by taking her to the Chinese restaraunt for supper. I checked with the nurse ahead of time and she recommended Tara do tumbling so her arm wouldn't get stiff and sore. When I got home Tara had taken her shower and had her jams on. I told her she needed to go to tumbling, she quickly changed clothes and was ready. I never heard any complaints at tumbling. The ride to tumbling was like she had been given a truth serum. Tara was chatty Cathy. (she was kind of funny) I will try to elaborate more on school later. For now I am signing off...good night.

No comments: