Thursday, November 27, 2008

First Thanksgiving












I think the part I enjoyed the most was Tara meeting Gene's brother for the first time. I had told her before we went to Grandma's that Dad's brother Gail would be there and she hasn't met him yet. When Gail and Gene were in the room together for the first time Tara says, "Dad here's your brother", (kind of like he didn't know).

I tried to take a pic of her at the table and she kept ducking the camera. Ugh! I don't remember seeing her eat too much turkey. (we call it turkey day, although I am very thankful for all my family) she probably ate a half head of sautee broccoli and not much else until desert was butterscotch rolls. Tara would eat the outside with frosting and give the middle to me to finish.(I was okay with it)

I like to shop black Friday, so I got up early and went to the gas station for a paper--lots of ads...after dinner I started putting my shopping list together. Tara gave me a few ideas that I wouldn't have guessed. Then a little whisper behind me ask if she could go shopping toooo??? She ask several times and I had to tell her no, it was momma's day. She could go another day. I got the phone call that we were meeting at 3:30, which meant I had to get up at 2 to be able to drive there.

No comments: