Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sad Day

I went to my first Catholic Funeral. I don't like funerals, as much as I should attend I usually avoid them. It left me with a couple of questions. With the exception of length, they are not alot different from any other I've been to. They started by sprinkling the casket with water, that I can understand. But then finished with swinging incense over. That I had never seen or heard of. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Bush family as they say goodbye to both their parents this year. One is hard enough, can't imagine both.

The day is beautiful, with the exception of way too many Chinese beetles. Or better known as lady bugs. I hung laundry on the line and had to run them all through the dryer as I brought them into the house long enough to shake the bugs off. Yuck!

We finally got Tara's drawers figured out in her room. Tia had to give up a few more. Good thing I still had that party thing to use for attitude ajustment. Tara picked out pants, long sleeve shirts and sweat shirts to have when it gets cold. I don't think she ever wore a nightgown. We put one in her drawer...let's see if she ever wears it :)

Tia's friend C had a birthday party tonight. She started making her a bracelet last night and finished it this morning. I like to play with beads, so she designed one and put it together. She doesn't take critism well, I would try to make a suggestion and she would flip out. She has to quit yelling at me, it is going over like a lead balloon. The snotty mouth also has to go. A little respect will go a long ways. I had to threaten the b-day party and hayride that she was invited to. Tara rode along as I dropped Tia off. Tara thought we should go back tonight and pick her up.

Tara has found starfall.com. I had to kick her off the computer tonight. She is doing so well with her English and this will be a good reinforcer.

Gene gets to have a colonoscopy on Monday and started the process this evening. I am totally not looking forward to doing this myself. Fast for a day and a half...what no food. I would wither up and blow away.

No comments: