Sunday, November 9, 2008

Determined

Okay for some time I have wanted to update my dashboard to include Tia. This scrapbook crap is hard. I love art, but this brings things to a new limit. I was working in Paint.Net and nothing was as easy as it should be...needless to say it's not done yet. I gave up :(

I didn't get the house cleaned like I had planned today...but then I didn't make it to church like I had planned either. We burn wood for heating the house and we are behind schedule cutting and getting it stacked. Today was Tara's first trip to the timber. I think we are in the 30's today. First she was pretty set that she should wear crocks. I should have boots that Tia has outgrown, but to no avail I can't find them. Well tennis shoes will work, it is muddy out and they will wash. Next a hooded sweatshirt, easy the Iowa State one. Then coveralls or snowpants, yea they fit (they looked to big, they were perfect). I tried to pull up the hood to put on her head and tried to strangle her. The opening is way too small, I felt so bad I chin chopped her. I had her dressed and ready and she got mad which led to taking off the coveralls. Finally we found gloves and a stocking hat. Gene and Tia brought the tractor & trailer down and we jumped on. The ride out was fine - plenty of room. Gene usually does the cutting and Tia and I load the wood on the trailer. Tara started out helping pretty good, right until she saw Tia sluffing off. She then took her turn sluffing off. We are hot, then cold...coats are off, then on. The ride home wasn't as easy the trailer was heaping. I tried to boost Tara onto the pile when she resisted, we fell backwards. I will probably be sporting a nasty bruise on my leg. Must have been paybacks for the chin chop thing. The trailer is now unloaded and partially stacked. The house is quiet and very, very warm

No comments: