Monday, November 24, 2008

Burnt Fried Rice...oooh


Tara found a box of chicken helper in the pantry on Saturday. We had plans to attend a wedding and reception, so I told her she could make it Monday night for supper. She has done pretty good cooking, so I trusted her. I explained the directions...I guess I didn't emphasis enough to turn the burner down on low after adding all the ingredients. Monday when I got home from work and walked in it smelled like burnt cookies. Tara had her coat on and I told her she still had 20 minutes before basketball practice. That was when Gene told me he had all the windows open trying to air out the smell. I think there was a quarter inch of black char in the bottom of the skillet. I will have to buy another box and give a cooking lesson on this one. I think I have mentioned before that she likes to cook on high...I think she thought she could do it this time also.

She was excited for basketball practice and had a good time. She does pretty good at listening and can do what the other girls can do. After her practice she had to wait until Tia was finished before we could go home. She played with a ball on the side and seems to forget at times that it is Tia's turn with the floor.

When we got home Tia called the bathroom, but then started messing with the TV to record a show. Tara was trying to be patient, but she needed to get ready for bed. I had her butt in front of Tia. When she was in bed she was telling me she wanted to trade Tia in for a little sister, maybe 6 would be good. I told her she had to talk to her dad. Too funny :)

No comments: