Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tara's first Halloween












She didn't have a clue, but just went with everything we told her to do. We explained how the night would go last night. Tonight when I got home from work I dug out all the old costumes from each of the kids. She looked through all of them and chose Minnie Mouse. It lacked a mask, but for her first year was pretty good. Tia was a soccerer, the outfit was a little small...but we didn't have alot of choices since she has grown so much this past year.

When the boys were little we did the neighborhood and called it good. We live in the country so it was allllooot of driving. With Tia I started taking her to town and we walk around. They are small towns Truro and St Charles, we know most of the people of the houses we stop at. And it has been a way to see where people we know live. We stopped at Tara's principle's house and neither girl would take a treat...hmnnn. The wife and two small children were with him on the porch. We left home at 6, it is a 20 min drive and Tara was pooped at 7:15. Tia did a few houses on her own and we hit BJ the neighbor on the way home. I had to see pictures that he took with a motion camera in our timber (deer and bobcat) Wow! Maybe Gene's x-mas present. Grandma Snyder's is always last. Tia is in 6th grade this year, I wonder if she will do it again next year?

I did ask Tara if she wanted to call Xiao Ke in New York this weekend to compare notes and she had a big smile. She told me 44...me with a puzzled look. She had 44 pieces of candy that she liked. The ones she didn't like--didn't count!

As for me I just had a really big handful of malted milk balls left over from our drive home from Iowa City on Tuesday :)

No comments: