Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday with Mom

I had offered to take my mom to see her brother on Saturday and she wasn't up for an outing, so I told her I would check with her on Sunday. (we really would have pooped her out) I threw a roast in the crock and called Mom. We decided to meet in Indianola and go early to miss some of the traffic. Mom started off with a bang. When she got out of the car at the hospital she was trying to be careful on the ice and shut her finger in the car door. I haven't been around anyone doing this since my boys were little. Kids just cry hard and you get ice. Mom's you have to set down so they don't pass out. Yikes! She smashed it good with a jagged cut. We put a band aid on it and headed inside. She mentioned her finger later to the nurse and the nurse said it was too late to put a stitch in it. We laughed that you set longer in the emergency room then what we had been visiting with my uncle.

My uncle (my mom's brother) had surgery on Wed for a tumor in his mid section. Wow my hysterectomy was a walk in the park after hearing what he had done. He was up moving around and setting up, I thought he looked good. If I would have had my scissors I could have given him a haircut, but may try to catch him on another day. I hope we didn't wear him out with all our female chatter, but then he has plenty of time to rest. We had a late lunch at Fazoli's. Gene leaves early on Sunday for work, so I didn't take time to shop with Mom for a humidifier. I did stop at Dollar General and grab a new pair of reading glasses, the eyes aren't what they used to be :(
Our thoughts are with them now as they start talking Oncology. The talk has been good, let's just hope it stays that way!!

No comments: