Friday, December 19, 2008

A Busy Month

There has been a lot of things going on and not enough time to update. We had cookie day with Aunt Marcia. Not sure, but I think the grown ups enjoyed it more than the kids did. We frosted, ate, visited and ate more cookies...what fun :) Wasn't sure we were going to make it. Cookie day was planned well in advance, but due to winter activities the girls weren't able to have basketball practice on their usual Monday night and the coaches called a practice for cookie day. With luck we were able to fit it all in. After cookie decorating Gene wanted to go Christmas shopping. We didn't have alot of time, but one of his favorite stops is Barnes & Noble. It was our first stop and we all enjoyed going there.

Poor Tara, her tumbling night is Thursday and for whatever reason things always happen where her night gets cancelled. She missed again this week due to bad weather. The girls didn't have school again due to an ice storm, luckily this year we didn't loose electric for 5 days. I did go to work, it wasn't terrible. I was glad though the girls were home.

We had a vendor bring us a plate of shrimp this week. There was so much I brought home some for Tia and Tara. I knew Tia loved it, but she was lucky to get some. Tara had a plate full and wanted Tia's too. I knew we would have more at work and told her I would bring her some more...I have no idea how to prepare shrimp and have never attempted to learn. It may just need to be a special treat with someone else's preparation.

No comments: