Saturday, December 6, 2008

The First Saturday of December

This is the first deer hunting season. I ran to Winterset early in the AM, checked out Ben Franklin's 5 & Dime, grabbed a few groceries, changed the windshield wipers and picked up our meat at he locker. Got home just in time to run Tia to basketball practice. Returned home to put the meat in the freezer(glad it's cold out). Ran back to Truro to pick up Tia. (there are pickups full of hunters everywhere) Gene had tickets to the Iowa vs Iowa State wrestling in Iowa City. The girls and I did our chores and headed to Des Moines. Tia would like a pair of black boots for dress. We started with our chore of recycling cans. Then we checked several stores for boots, but had no luck(I say no spiked heels or pointed toes, remember she is only 11 with my size foot). Tara did get a pink pair that remind me more of slippers. Next was the Asian grocery store. Tara is in heaven here. Tia wasn't coming in unless I gave her the sign it didn't have an order. It didn't and she enjoyed looking around. She made the comment she had never tried pot stickers. I told her she had to try them before we bought them and tried to make them ourselves. I did get another skillet that will be excellent for sauteing vegetables. The girls were happy with there snack treats. Two doors down from the Asian grocery was the House of Thai. I had got take out years ago for lunch and we decided to try for dinner. Tia got a half order of pot stickers. The lady told us they are usually made with pork, but they use chicken. They came with a sauce, I would say soy sauce, garlic and butter??? Tia loved them! I didn't have my glasses, so just told the lady what I liked and she brought me chicken and vegetables. Tia got basil chicken and Tara had shrimp and vegetables. It was all good, but a little bland. It was almost twice of what I am used to paying, so probably won't go back there again. Our last stop was Walmart, we grabbed cat treats, a movie, the girls used their money for gum and beef jerky. We headed home, got comfortable in our chairs and popped in our movie. It was a good day!

No comments: