Friday, July 11, 2008

My Little Snuggle Bug


I went back to the doc and gave blood and a chest xray. I still feel like crap. The doc says I am fighting whatever it is I have, but he gave me meds for another 10 days. I hope Tara doesn't think this is how her new mom acts all the time.

I ask for a hug each nite when I get home from work. So far no luck. We have started to fall into routine with supper and swimming, shower and tv time. When I start supper Tara digs right in and wants to help. We had fried cabbage. I tried to show her the way I do it and she decided she already knew and did it her way. No biggy. She stayed with it and stirred it until we were ready to eat. We also had mac & cheese, she took a no thankyou bite and said no thank you. We also try to work in time for a bike ride. Tara so bad wants to learn to ride. She has me run along beside her and hold her up. I let her go and she was doing fine. Well we had our first wreck, it was pretty tramatic. I'll be curious to see if she hops back on. We did a couple of bandaids and put the bike away. I caught Tara petting the cat, so now things are pretty cool with the animals. We played a quick couple games of dominos, she finally won the last game. Tia was having a tuff day. Mom was spending too much time with little sis. If she only understood how much she truly means and how much mom cares. She will have to learn to share mom's time.

When getting ready for bed, someone crawled into my bed. Hmmm...it wasn't Tia either. Tara must have expected her dad early, cause she took dead center. She is a good little sleeper and stayed with me all night. I invited Tia to join us and she said we cough too much. Right now that is very true.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Sounds like things are going beautifully! When my daughter Anna first came home at age 10, it took a couple of months for her to give hugs willingly. Now, at 18, she will even sit on my lap sometimes (and she's not too big, being only 5'1.5" and 111 pounds!) To this day, none of my three Chinese daughters (including the one adopted as an infant) will eat mac and cheese, or anything with cheese!