Monday, July 14, 2008

The Dentist

Without an interpreter I gave it a shot. And not a very good one at that! I had an appointment to get Tara's teeth cleaned and an xray. I had explained to her that she had an appointment and what he would do. She wanted nothing to do with it. First thing Monday morning, to start she wouldn't get out of bed, wasn't going to get dressed. I should have taken that as a sign and cancelled. I dressed her, tried to brush her teeth and carried her to the car. I'm not sure what she was thinking, but it must have not been good. I then proceeded to carry her into the Dentist office against her will. Naturally the dentist wanted nothing to do with her. He talked to her as she looked the other direction. We agreed we would try it again another time. I have the paperwork all done so now she is his patient. She has another new tooth brush and a tube of tooth paste. The day really started like crap. Tara had wrecked her bike Sunday evening and has a pretty good ouy. I was trying to help her clean it and put new bandaids back on it. She wanted nothing to do with me. So it was time to head to work. I was two hours late and by 10 am we had set a record for business in that amount of time. The whole day was a zoo. I was late coming home after stopping for gas, which has went up again. Also picked up cat food and made a hair appointment. Amazingly Tara is in a good mood and I think the girls ended up having a good day.

No comments: