Thursday, May 14, 2009

No Games This Week

It has been nice to be able to do some catch up chores this week, but I have to admit I am having ballgame withdrawls. The girls have had someone to pitch and catch with them almost every night.

The girls had dentist appts Tuesday. All went well, although we have notes to visit with the orthodontists. How do you pick an orthodontist?? I explained to Tara about maybe getting braces, she wants it done tomorrow....whoa! She wants bris now. she said it a few times before I figured out what she was saying. After the dentist we ran to Wally World and exchanged the regular mattress pad for the camper for a super duper soft one. When we came out it was pouring. I had the girls pack the car the night before to go straight to the ball field from Osceola. The call came on the way home, games cancelled.

Okay in all my years of commuting I have never driven in so much rain. It poured all the way to work and most of the way home. If I remember correctly, it was nice in between going and coming. Wednesday was Tara's tumbling practice. I know she enjoys tumbling, but I worry that Tia not tumbling will deter Tara. As much as Tara doesn't want Tia to influence her, she very much does. It is all unsaid stuff, but very heavy in the air. Sue wanted Tara to practice a few minutes extra to get everything she needed and Tara flat out refused. I am putting it down to PMS. She isn't ragging yet, but all the signs point to PMS.

Eric is in Arizona, so Thursday and Friday will be normal work hours. It's been awhile. The electric company trimmed the tree in our front yard, so I worked on clearing limbs out of the ditch. The tree looks retarded and still needs more trimming. Tia is staying with a friend Friday and Tara is wanting someone to ask her. As all kids, Tara wants me to call a mom and ask if she can stay all night at their house. It is hard for kids to understand this isn't the way things are done.

No comments: