Sunday, May 17, 2009

Is it Summer Yet??

Sunday...Thanks Melissa and John for picking Tia up this morning. The sun was out when Tia left and it looked like it was going to be a great day. Well it was a great day, but where did the sun go. I went in to take my shower and when I came out it was gone. The wind has been blowing pretty hard and I think I have a wind burn, because there wasn't much sun. During the second game it would come out and be warm enough to take off the jacket and just when you would get ready it would go back under a cloud. The last game at 1:30 was pretty cool, we were wrapped in blankets. I couldn't get Tara out of bed to watch the first game, so she came to Osceola with Gene for the second game. Tia played with Hallie's fastpitch travel team, the girl she filled in for has a broken finger (with a casted hand). This girl I think was the starting pitcher, so with a backup pitcher they won all three games. Hopefully Tia made some new friends. She was intimidated with the travel team, but she held her own and proved herself a worthy player. They did have a couple of girls a year older than Tia that could almost hit the fence. How awesome!! I started the wood stove when we got home to thaw out, it feels really good! Then went outside to work on trimming the trees in the front yard. Tara helped a bit...I say just a bit. She wanted me to pitch to her. Denise gave her some lipgloss yesterday, the container had glitter on it. She scraped the glitter off and put it in her hair and then had me fix her hair like I did Tia's for exibition tumbling. I told her we would have to save it next time for tumbling. Hope the kids don't give her crap at school tomorrow.

Saturday morning Tia called me to see if she could spend the night again with Amber (okay the day just started) Well of coarse not you can have all day today and come home and get a good nights sleep. They are working on a school project together(Tia's part is Benito Mussolini)Both girls are playing several softball games tomorrow. I had thought we would get an earlier start to my mom's, but Tara didn't roll out of bed until after 10. She is her father's child, but he even got up before she did. Tara thought Tia needed to go to grandma's with us, but I told her we get her on the way home. Tara was pacified with taking pop cans to Walmart and getting the money on the way to Grandma's. The money of which she spent on beef jerky. She and Tia both love the stuff. There was none left by the time we got home from Grandma's. My cousin and sister planned a mother-daughter tea at my mom's house, for my mom's side of the family. It was fun listening to the younger girls asking if they had to drink tea :-) Not as many showed up as hoped, but we had a good visit and hope to do it a little more often. My grandma has been gone for a few years now and it would have celebrated her 101 birthday.

No comments: