Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Well I didn't do what is the norm for the weekend, so I owe a day of memory. I met my mom and cousin Doris to garage sale in Indianola Sat morning. I asked the girls Friday night if they wanted to go. I had a suspicion that Tara wouldn't make it out of bed and wondered about Tia. They both declined. I Tia would have found alot, but maybe next time. I found an Iowa State shirt for Tia and the Toy Story movie for Tara. I stopped and picked up groceries for camping. Gene needed to spend an hour and a half planting corn, but we could go to thunderhead when he was done. He got just the hour and a half and it started pouring rain. It made it easier for him to quit, it had been a gorgeous day. We drove in and out of rain the whole way. Thunderhead never got any of the rain. Yeah! We took the new Cobalt for an evening cruise, it's been quite a day. It was a bit cool Sunday morning, but led into a beautiful day. We had a great breakfast and was on the water by 11. The sun screens on, Tara didn't even throw a fit. She didn't want to start on the tube, but watched Kasey, Kelsey and Allie. After about 45 min the girls took a break. When they went back out Tia and Tara were ready. Tara wanted to ride with Allie, but she didn't want to double up. So Tara climbed on with Kasey. They all had a lot of fun and got quite a bit of sun. If only it didn't have to end. We stopped at Leon for Dairy Queen and arrived home around 7.

I got a lot done Monday. If I could only have one more day of cleaning.

No comments: