Sunday, May 31, 2009

Goodbye May

What a beautiful weekend!! Grandma and Grandpa went to Britt for the weekend and Tia is doing the chores. She has taken it seriously and done such a great job. She fed the bottle calf (I had to help with the nipple on the bottle), feed chickens=gather eggs, feed the cats and dog. By getting up early to get the chores done our day started early and we got alot of everything done. The garden didn't grow on an earlier planting, so now we have 4 new rows of green beans, one row of broccoli, one row of cabbage, 12 tomato plants and cucumbers. We still have a little more to do, but I am praying it grows this time. Gene also planted sweet corn and squash by the barn.
Tara stayed alnight with one of her classmates, she acts like she had a great time. I had no phone calls in the middle of the night, so it must have been fine. I have to admit I am a little sad at her independence. We had a screaming match Saturday morning. The morning had been going well right up to her telling me what she was and wasn't doing to help around the house. I ask her to load a few dishes in the dishwasher and after she said NO...she started throwing them in the dishwasher. Momma not happy and when mamma's not happy...nobodies happy! I heard the comment I do nothing, what is Tia doing (she doesn't have to help), Dad doesn't do anything. These are Tia's favorite words. I have tried to explain the mechanics of a family, but I guess it is still a work in progress. Hopefully we came to an understanding, time will tell. It may be a long summer. I did get her into the kitchen after lunch and helped her mixup a batch of chocolate chip cookies. She didn't want to read the directions, but I will keep working on her. She says she can't, but she would have to try first. :-)

No comments: