Sunday, May 3, 2009

Beautiful Weekend

The last week was rainy and cold. This weekend made up for the whole week. I didn't get to mushroom hunt as much as I would have liked to, but I got a lot done this weekend. I offered to take the girls to the Shriners Circus. Tara didn't know what it was, but I couldn't get her out of bed. Tia wanted to take a friend. Gene wanted us home to go to my mom's to work on her fix it list. The first show was at 9:30 which meant leaving home around 8. We didn't discuss this until after 9 Friday night. For me that is too late to start calling to invite friends, so Tia didn't want to go. (I would have enjoyed it, but I wanted them too) if they weren't excited about it, it's not worth it. I got laundry started and hung on the clothes line. Yeah! We visited Grandma and got her new door on the machine shed. Tara found her first mushroom in Grandma's peony bush...how exciting. Tara also peeled the paint off grandma's birdbath (it looked better) and Tia pulled fins off a piece of copper so we can make these cool things to burn in our campfires. When we got home Tara and Gene went mushroom hunting, they found a few.

Sunday...Oh so beautiful! I went to the camper as soon as I got up and started cleaning and moving the old camper stuff in. What a chore and I loved every minute of it. Still so much to do for my home away from home :)

No comments: