Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well New Years Eve wasn't what I had wanted for Tara's first. I went to work and told the girls I would be home early. I hadn't expected to be home as early as I was. Tia came home from school a week ago with the flu and guess what I waited a week to get. I spent the day in bed and the tummy is still rumbling. I got up long enough last night to turn the TV onto Dick Clarks Rocking New Year's Eve. Tia enjoyed it, it had all her favorite artists. Tara had went to bed at 7:30, but got up at 9 and watched TV with Tia. (just a little more bonding time). Tia called me yesterday before I got home and wanted me to know Tara was doing laundry. Yikes. I didn't feel well enough to care. She washed my new navy work pants with white towels. Yeah just a little lint all over them. I should give her the lint brush. She likes to wash, but as typical, not crazy over the folding part. I got that done this morning after trying to do some wrinkle release again in the dryer. I think she needs a few more lessons.

We got a phone call this morning from Deb in New York. She is the mom to one of Tara's foster sisters. I had emailed her asking how to call China. It seems they call about every Friday evening. We won't do it that often, but Tara would like to talk to her foster Mother. I tried to give the phone to Tara to talk to Alyssa and she wouldn't take it.

I thought today would be a good day and the 24 hour flu would be gone...wrong. It was in full force again. I'm laying in the recliner miserable and Tara wants to go shopping. She really is just bored and would be very happy to go back to school. Gene took the girls to town for lunch they had Chinese without me. Not that I could even try :( The girls are both very happy now and that makes me happy!

At 8:30 I was ready for bed when I heard the phone...I then heard Tara open the cell...close the cell...open the cell...close the cell. Okay I'll get up. It was Sue the tumbling coach, Tia's weekend schedule will need to be changed do to a tradegy in the community. This also effects Tara, her basketball coach had an accident over the holidays that took his life. So much to try to understand, hard for everyone, let alone someone new to our life. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Jeff Young family.

No comments: