Sunday, January 4, 2009

Games

My New Years resolution was to play more games with the girls. I'm off to a good start. I gave the girls the game Blokus and Tia got Sorry from Uncle Greg and Aunt Teri. We have played each every day. Tia tells me often I'm terrible at games, that must be why I don't play her much. I do win sometimes, I just seem to take a long time to get there. Tara usually initiates the game and Tia joins in when she sees us playing. We were all playing Sorry Saturday night, even Gene, Tia got upset when she got send back to home and stormed off. Gene kept her pegs playing and she ended up not loosing.

We put the tree away today, vacumed the carpet and Tara wanted her tent put up. It wasn't quite what I thought I had bought, but Tara liked it. Each of my kids had a tent in the house and this was Tara's. It was suppose to be put over her bed, but since she has a bunk bed. Not really feasible. She was going to sleep in it right up until it was bedtime, she ended up in bed with me...not sure how that happened.

It has been a bonding holiday...She has let me hold her (carry from her bed to the living room), she has sat on my lap and snuggled with me in bed. Still no hugs, but it can't be too far away :)

No comments: