Saturday, August 23, 2008

This girl can eat

OMG. We have worked our way through the day from one food to another. Breakfast started with cantelope, she wanted canned corn (but didn't care for the taste), onto ramen noodles, then a dessert for breakfast of cookies. A fruit rollup for a mid morning snack then lunch at 11:30 of beef pot pie. I had stuff to make salsa and Tara helped cut up the tomatoes and peppers. I was surprised she didn't eat the tomatoes, but instead stir fried peppers onions with an egg and warmed up some rice for a mid afternoon snack with more cookies. She wants to take a shower at 5 and put her jams on. I told her we are going to town for supper and ice cream. She tells me she is ready to go now, but dad is still choring. We like to go in later because we have the place to ourselves usually.

This morning we did laundry, I showed her everything I do. She helped me hangup the clothes and fold them. We cut up veggies for salsa after lunch and this afternoon was quiet so I took time to read emails. Tara started in she was bored and wanted to go somewhere. Not sure what it is about afternoons, but she gets moody. We did call Canada today and New York called us.

When Tara is bored or missing home she starts her sad song "Kasey Kelsey" These are the 15 yr old daughters of our best friends. Since phone communication is at a minimum, she doesn't want to call and talk to them. But I did call Murt their mom and that seemed to help. Tara doesn't quite have a grasp on days yet, so trying to tell her she has to wait 5or6 days to see them is tuff. We go through alot of tomorrows.

No comments: