Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Week Of Softball

 
Tia's night for pics at St Mary's
  Tia on 3rd base and was first point of the evening;
 
Tia plays 3rd base


Tuesday night we were in Churchville. I had the afternoon off and thought I would be able to mow yard. Gene had a leak in the truck fuel tank, so I picked him up at the repair garage. It rained on us the way home. Ugh!! The girls game did not get cancelled. It was a cool afternoon and evening. Tara's team won 8-0 and Tia's team won 11-0. Wednesday was a makeup game for Tia in Lacona. She didn't think they would win, MY WORDS...STAY POSITIVE!! I emailed Grma and she met us there. Gene had to take Tia to Lacona, I couldn't leave work early enough. Tara was dressed for tumbling and didn't change, duh Dad?? I emailed Sue earlier in the day to let her know we couldn't make it. (I like these practices, it is fun listening to the kids tell about their experience at competition) By the way Tia's team beat Lacona White 6-5 in the last inning. Thursday we were in St Mary's. I did leave work early, told the girls to be ready and waiting. I would pull in and won't get out of the car. There is road construction and it takes extra time. We took gravel roads and made it just right. Tara's team lost their first game, what a struggle 1-2. The St Mary's coach had a problem with our pitcher (who takes pitching lessons and is very good for her age) He was trying to find fault with her and it threw her game in the beginning, which got us off to a bad start. Tia's team got off to a good start and ended with a win of 16-8. They had a good hitting game and pushed everything to the limit...and sometimes passed. Friday starts Tara's tournament in Milo. Gene has to have Tara and Bailey Haggard there at 4:30. I will be flying low to make this one on time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: