Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Been a Great Year :)

We had a busy evening last night. Tia had Amber stay Sunday evening. When Gene got up he took all the girls to Ambers to swim. I stopped on the way home to pick them up. They were tired from swimming and I could tell Tia was a little grouchy, moody whatever. Gene had picked most of a gallon of raspberries, so Tara and I rinsed them and got them bagged for the freezer. It was fun watching her eat them as she cleaned them. I jumped on the mower and then Tara and I weeded the garden. Tara picked the first meal of green beans. She disappeared to the stove to prepare them. I was trying to find her softball pics and we started reminiscing over pics of our meeting one year ago. I still haven't got that "I love you" or the heart warming hug, but I know the bond is there. Would I do it all over again...you bet!!

Sunday she asked me to put her hair in a ponytail...I did. She went and looked in the mirror and came back to me pointed to her head and said "what the heck", I thought I was going to crack up. I never said it would be perfect and I couldn't see whatever she was seeing.

Tonight was another first. I took the girls raspberry picking. Tara doesn't pick very fast, but she stuck with me. While Tia was being ate alive by mosquito's and took off back to the car. Tia had more gooseberries and mulberries than raspberries:)

No comments: