Friday, February 13, 2009

A Typical Snowy Day in Iowa


We had just got rid of most of the old snow before the new arrived. And arrived it did. Early in the week we were expected to get 8 - 10", today they had cut it back to 2 - 4". Well I think we got the 8-10. The first hour melted and froze before it started to accummulate.

Oh did I mention it is Friday the 13th :)

The girls had their Valentine parties at school. Tara finally started her cards late Wednesday evening. She knew what she wanted to do and did a nice job. She wanted to know Thursday and I told her she could take candy next year. We would use this year as a learning experience.

Tara also had Laura Ingles Wilder day today. They have been reading about her in school. I shortened Tia's dress and sent it to school with Tara. She was very hesitant about wearing it. Tia had Two so Tara took them both and McKenzie Thomas-Clark wore the other one, which helped coax Tara into hers. Thanks Kenzie! I sent the camera to school in Tara's bookbag and emailed Mrs Benedict and ask her to take pictures. If I can't be there, they are the next best thing. Thanks Mrs B :)


No comments: