Sunday, February 15, 2009

Iowa State vs Texas Girls Basketball















Tia's form looked a little rough at the beginning of the season. These pics definitely show improvement :)

What a nail biter!! We lost by 3 pts. The teams record was the same and they were very well matched. I thought we should have easily won, but what can I say :(



Tia is a Lil Clone and I got an email that invited her to watch the team shoot-around, a meet-and-greet with squad members, an autograph session, a short clinic, pizza for lunch and a brief talk by Coach Bill Fennelly - are scheduled to run from 9:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. Tipoff between the Cyclones and Longhorns is at 2:30 p.m. in Hilton Coliseum. Club members may attend the event free of charge as long as they RSVP in advance and bring their membership card. I had heard about this last year and it didn't work that we could go, so we rsvp'd for this year. Since Tia had her sleepover lastnight, I'm guessing she was going on little sleep. We had invited a friend, but that didn't work out. The 4 of us left home at 8am. We had to have an attitude adjustment right off the bat and after that the girls had a good time. Tara never joined in the clinics, but I bet she does next year. When I picked Tia up from the sleepover the girls told me the Linharts were also going to the game. I tried to wake Hallie up to see if she wanted to go with us...she was out. We could see the Linharts across the gym, it was funny the way Tara was hunting for them.


This day was Breast Cancer awareness day. Everywhere you looked you saw PINK. The girls uniforms looked good :) I did have to laugh at coach Fennelly's white and pink Nike's with his suit.

It looked like it had been a nice day, sun was bright and shiny. It was 29 on the way home, the roads were all good.

No comments: