Sunday, February 1, 2009

Six Month Review
















They were conserving energy in this gym, they had the lights dimmed. I don't know what happened to my header picture it just disappeared and I have no clue when I will get it redone. Sorry :(

Okay it has been 7 months now and we finally made time for our 6 month adoption review. I started back in November trying to get it into our schedule. It is a really tough time of year to get this done. I finally ask Bill our Social Worker if he would like to attend one of Tia's basketball games. He was happy because he knew where the school was. We answered the necessary questions and then watched Tia play basketball.

Saturday Tara got up early and took a bath, washed her hair and I had breakfast waiting for her. She ate while I french braided her hair. I had done a dry run on it Friday night and all went well, but Sat morning she complained alot that I was hurting her...oh no, not another tender head. Ugh! Tara played bb in Van Meter at 11 so we needed to be on the road at 9:30. When we walked out the door we wouldn't be home until bedtime. I went a different direction to Van Meter and where the road splits, I wasn't sure whether to take the high road or the low road. I started high and turned around and made the right choice, it's the low road. We watched the end of the first 4th grade team, they lost and I think we turned around and played the same VM team. We also lost. Our girls got a new appreciation for elbows and rough play. Before Gracey left she gave me an invitation for Tara to a sleep over next weekend. Tara had one for Raven's this weekend, but Tara wasn't ready yet. We stopped at Casey's and grabbed chicken strips to eat on the way to Adel where Tia played an 11am game vs MAC (??) and lost and would play a second game at 3pm. When we got there the girls were at Godfathers eating pizza. The Ankeny Stars were the girls second game, wow this was a fast paced game. We lost again, but the girls I think are learning alot about the game. We then headed to Murts, making a pit stop at Menards for a new hall light. The girls don't like going to bed without a hall light. I fed the girls at BK before meeting Murt & Kristi to head to A Dong's for supper. Denise drove (thankyou Neyce) We parked at Hoyt Sherman's and walked to the restaruant. We had a beautiful day of 50's, yeah!! We had melting and then black ice.(not tough for driving, but walking) Denise had gotten us tickets to see Menopause the Musical. There was a group of 12 of us and we all have experienced a few of the symtoms, we were a little surprised to see men there. Jeff called and said he was having car problems again. We will have to keep in touch with him. Curt called and wanted the recipe for stew, I said a little of this and a little of that. It was a late night and we really should have been home earlier.

Sunday we needed to be back on the road at 7:30 for Adel. The girls rolled out surprisingly easy. They ate oranges for breakfast. Again we just grabbed jackets, it made it to high 30's today. Tia's team played Roosevelt first, it was a good game. I was hoping it would end at 18-17, but they made 2 more baskets. After the game Gene pointed out a girl standing in the next section(isn't that a Block girl). I replied not any more she is married. She was there cheering on her husbands daughter that played against Tia. Now we have until 12:30. Tia went with Callie J and Sam P to Subway. Tara, Kaylyn, Bailey and Sarah played UNO and ate Doritos while waiting on Godfather's pizza to be delivered. Gene left his car in Altoona Sat night, so Mike brought it to Tia's game. They got to watch Tia in action. Bag practice was scheduled the same time as Tia's second game. We can't do everything :(

No comments: