Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wow Time Flies

I see it has been a year since I last posted. I am surprised I remember my password. We have had some moments to remember and so this post.

Tara was baptized and confirmed at church Sunday. She has been taking confirmation classes since September. I thought confirmation classes were a six week coarse. Well this was 6 months. I kept telling Tara it shouldn't be too much longer. She was having to split basketball and confirmation classes in half to work it all in. On the next to the last class the minister told the kids it was completely their decision and no one should pressure them into it. Does anyone want to stand in front of people for anything. Well sure, but not shy people and he didn't have a clue of the out he was giving her. She had immediately told him she was not doing it. Gene and I strongly suggested this was the finish to what she had been doing for the last 6 months. Her friend had taken the classes with her and she finally decided if Sadie would do it, she would too. I knew that there would be a ceremony at some point and was trying to decide how to dress her for the occasion. With it being close to Easter, I was trying for whites or pastels. Tara is very picky with the design of her clothes and the only thing she could find was a simple white t-shirt. I suggested white jeans. She told me it would be the only time she wore them. I ended up on a shopping spree without kids and picked up a pair of white capri's and a sweater(navy, white and peach) to go with her t-shirt. She also had found a pair of white flats for the occasion. The pants were a little small, but she looked nice. Getting a picture of the occasion as usual was a challenge. Heavy Sigh!

No comments: