Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas






It was a short night. Tia was excited and couldn't go to bed...it was 1am. Tara woke up scared of Santa at 2:30, good dad that he is laid down with her until she fell back asleep. He had just crawled back into bed when Tia asked if it was time to get up...4:30am. NO...go back to bed! She didn't, but left us alone until 6 when we all rolled out. The gifts this year were expensive ones, so there weren't very many under the tree. The girls were happy they got what they wanted. Tara opted for a DS and a camera instead of the DSI.(oh and of coarse a padded bra, yes they do make them small enough) They are not easy to find and my guess is everyone has one when they have to change clothes for phys ed. Tia was a little poop and couldn't stand knowing I went Black Friday shopping, she peeked in the car and found her present. The month of December was trying to decide whether to take it back, not give it to her until her birthday...or Christmas. She got it for Christmas, but has been disappointed we can't figure out how to download onto it. Have I ever mentioned I hate electronics, they are always such a pain to figure out. I swear I'm going back to college to learn how to run them all.

Gene and I went back to bed. The girls also got a Wii. Tia had it set up and played by the time I got up.

I made lunch thinking we would get together with Gene's folks. When I finally checked in with them, they thought they would stay home. We had tons of food and only made a dent in it. Guess what was for supper.

Tara learned how to play the Wii and thinks it is awesome, she played 2 hours straight. At around 2pm Tia started on her lack of sleep ugliness. I couldn't say anything and she would interpret it as a negative. Totally not what came out of my mouth. I kept trying to get her to sleep, but she wanted to drag it out. She booby trapped the Wii so Tara couldn't play when she was ready for her second round. Hymmm the batteries were missing and the disc was in backwards. It was a reallly long day for her, she finally went to bed at 10.

The temps are around 14F burrr cold. The girls also got new sleds, but due to rain all day the day before Christmas they are froze in Gene's car trunk.

No comments: