Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dad was in a Hurry

Okay Gene's mom doesn't get her pacemaker just yet. Dad was confused. He wears hearing aids and sometimes hears what he wants to hear. Mom goes for another echo test on Monday, then we will go from there. She doesn't have any energy, so I hope it will give that back to her.

I took the girls school shopping this morning. I had a sinus headache, Ugh! We checked our list before we left home and knew what we were after. The basic shopping went smoothly. It was the incidentals that tested the patience. Tia needed underwear, okay what size, color and style. Naturally those 3 things don't come in the same package. Every time we got shopping Tia looks for face washes. She has issues with teenage acne. I had to say no do to the other 10 bottles that we have on the bathroom counter. Okay I was exaggerating, but she still didn't need one more.

Gene's mom gave us her green bean's that she didn't want, it wasn't alot. We added them with ours and had enough to cann 5 quarts. Compared to past years, it's not as many as I usually start with. But we will take all we can get. I picked most of them. While I was getting the canner and starting the washing machine the girls were stemming and snapping the beans. They seem to think I'm not doing my fair share of the chore....Hymmmm, say what???

This week is Mom's b-day, so she enjoys going to the local gambling boat for entertainment. We met for Saturday supper first. Gene was still bailing hay and Tia wasn't up to eating out. The choice of food is great, but the quality leaves a bit to be desired for the price you pay. Happy Birthday MOM!! Tara told me to hurry home, she was hoping to get some ball playing in before dark. I don't think she did, but she took everybody on with several games of connect 4. She won almost every game. I think she took pity on each of us at least once.

No comments: