Sunday, March 1, 2009

End of Season for Tara

Tara had her Monday basketball practice as usual, Tia's was cancelled until Tuesday. I was hoping to work on my taxes Tuesday, nothing like waiting for the last minute. Which I have a bad habit of doing. Thursday was the regular tumbling practice. Friday Tia stayed all night with Maddie. Tara didn't think it was fair, she wanted to stay with someone also. If I wouldn't have had taxes to get done she could have had a friend over. It was funny Tara came to me and said Levi the neighbor boy was going to bring a skunk over and put at the front door. She worried all evening. I told her if he did we would take it back to his house.

Saturday when we got to Tara's basketball game, I realized I goofed. They had switched the lineup and her team played the first game. Not sure why. Since she was there they let her play the second game as usual. It was fun to see her play with the other girls. She did get the ball once and did okay with it. She has a week off and will play in a tournament game in honor of her coach who passed away-way too young. Tia came with Maddie, they played the first game against Earlham and lost. Tia went home with Gene. The girls were early to bed for an early start on Sunday.




Tia is shooting a free throw here, I don't think she made it:( Sunday we were off to Earlham for Tia's tournament. Her first game was at 9, which meant she needed to be there at 8:30. It was everything Tara could do to roll out. I told her she could stay home and go to Sunday school with dad. She loves watching basketball. The first game was with WCV the girls came out like they were still in bed, it was a tough game and we lost 25-19. Which is still better than the first time we played this team this year. Game 2 at 10am was with Winterset in the practice gym. No bleachers, just enough chairs for parents. Tara plopped herself on Connie's lap. Good thing the games go fast. We won 31-8...nice change. Game 3 was with Panorama (a girl on this team sets in front of us at the Iowa State football games) I remember when her mom was pregnant with her. I pointed her out to Tia. We led the game most of the way and lost with a score of 21-22. I told the coach it was harder on me than the girls, my stomach was in knots. Tara was a trooper and did whatever the other girls did. We our fortunate they all get along great.













Game 4 was with Southeast Polk, this game also we should have won. We started in the lead and ended up loosing 11-12. I was exhausted...not sure about Tia. We had Casey's pizza between games for lunch. We took the back roads home and made pretty good time, home after 4. Tara and I rode with Gene to get Jeff's car in Chariton. I told her she could stay home and watch TV, but she kept me company. I made it to the golf coarse before the hot light came on. I took it back to the Hy-Vee warehouse where Gene and some co-workers bled some air from the radiator. Home again at 7:30, I'm now worthless.

No comments: